
Nothing beats a sunny Saturday's sailing to Salcombe...
Salcombe is a lovely little town and there is nothing better that arriving in this busy little town by water instead of by car. Don't get me wrong, I love the little walk from the car park, past the boat sheds and little shops, but arriving by water is wonderful, especially on such a gorgeous sunny day, in mid September.

I love sailing past everyone, out 'playing' on the water.....

....and admiring such wonderful yachts like this. The shrimps nicknamed this particular yacht; 'The Killer Whale'. I can certainly see why. Isn't it beautiful? It reminds me of a wonderful period of my life spent at the Hong Kong Yacht club out on the Gold Coast aboard a 100 ft yacht. On Sunday mornings we would get a whole group of friends together and sail from the Gold Coast to Repulse Bay.....happy days! Believe me if ever you feel the desire to live in Hong Kong as I did in my young, free and single days, the Yacht Club is the place to be....sunshine, beautiful boats but most of all SPACE and the feeling that you can actually breathe; something I struggled with on Hong Kong Island amongst the skyscrapers, noise and fumes!

Look at this Lifeboat from the 1950's, I wonder how many lives it has saved over the years? The stories it could tell.....

I've always loved boats and being near the water I guess that comes of being a Pisces! Hopefully over the next few years we'll get a boat of our own and be able to do this every weekend. The shrimps will learn to sail at Salcombe on a Saturday morning when they are a little older and hopefully we have many happy days ahead of us spend poottling about on the Estuary.....

Sailing in towards the town you are greeted by this ....

Oh my, behind these buildings, I can spend many an hour mooching in Joules, Crew Clothing, Fat Face, White Stuff, Musto, Henry Lloyd, Jack Wills, Sea Salt to name but a few, and all on one tiny road, Fore Street....also all the lovely unique gift shops tempting me to open my purse and BUY!!!

We settled for a Salcombe Ice Cream, oh..now they're good! and then relaxed here at The Ferry Inn watching everyone sail backwards and forwards to the beach across the Estuary at East Portlemouth on the little ferry.


Big Shrimp enjoyed herself no end watching everyone passing us by as we enjoyed coffee and juice..
...but couldn't wait to get back for a little face painting at the quay.............
Now I just want to do it all over again this Saturday!