The first and third Saturday of the month always puts a smile on my face.... It means the 2 minute walk down to the farmers market to purchase lots of lovely goodies.Once I reach the quay, there they are, the 30 producers or so displaying their quality local produce...free range eggs, fruit & vegetables, fruit juices, pates, shellfish, knitted garments and wool, preserves, cured meats, pies, cakes, trees, shrubs and bedding plants.................goodness...where to start...
These farmers markets have continued to grow in popularity, showing that people want quality, local produce and they know where it comes from. This in turn obviously helps keep food miles down and helps boost the local economy. Something I am obviously trying to do single handedly with the help of Mr SB's wallet but am still falling somewhat short (despite my best efforts).......
Basket at the ready, child free and I was off....oh my goodness.....How on earth am I going to only manage with ONE basket? Note to self...On future market days, take small child along for extra basket carrying, preferably older child as she is slightly stronger and will be able to buy more.......
Oh gosh...Lemon and Ginger cheesecake, Now I cant say no to that can I?...Can I? Isn't it a sacrilege to pass a stand selling homemade cheesecake and not buy at least one?
Oysters............I'll leave those there...Mr SB will surely get the wrong idea if I take those home, he's got the Bathroom to paint for goodness sake, that'll keep him busy.. I like to get his priorities straight for him.
Look at this colourful stall.......may just have to take up knitting now.......
Failing that I could always drape it around my neck in some kind of fashion statement..
However am I going to decide here? I can't just buy the one that would be rude.....(basket started to get ridiculously heavy at this point)!
Bread...Oh....stocks getting rather low....must come earlier next time, I just got far to distracted by the shops on the way down!!
What a lovely chap he was, couldn't not buy off him.....I mean, caramel shortbread....you just don't leave it sat there for someone else to buy....
I suppose if I buy a few fresh veggies I won't feel as guilty about the high calorie goodies sat in the basket?
Almost bought a tree but decided on a vintage tennis racket instead.............As you do....
Blimey, how on earth I managed to get back up the hill, I'll never know. I had to stop every few steps and change hands....those wicker baskets can't half dig into your hand when loaded to capacity...


