Wednesday, 1 July 2009

A little retail therapy............


Some things just don't mix well..............well for Mr SB anyway!

A beautiful summers day.
A trip into Bath.
SALES!!!!
Me!

My first visit was to my favourite shop in Bath; Redwood Bay. Here I picked up some huge wine glasses for both red and white wine by Riviera Maison. The white wine glasses are HUGE, beautifully tall and just longing to be filled with a chilled white wine.....



A trip upstairs and I discovered some of my favourite bedding reduced; Lexington. I purchased two of these to go on our bed.


Onto Laura Ashley, I was pleased to discover that the appliqued cushions that I had coveted for the living room had been reduced by 30%, so I wasted no time in purchasing them....such a bargain for the amount of detail on them.



Now for the hard bit.....transporting them to the cottage on Friday without Mr SB noticing!!

Somehow I don't think the usual; "Oh...I've had those ages"...will work...Ummmm....Do you think I can get away with him agreeing that my goodies are "Essential Items Only", which I have been told to stick to? I mean, for goodness sake, I know I was meant to be buying an ironing board and airier, but who in this world wants to be washing and ironing when they can be on the beach? Wine drinking is obviously classed as; 'Essential' and these were far prettier than the cheapo ones he got from Salisbury's......And cushions, well everyone needs that added comfort when sat on the settee......obviously the small fact of the settee having to be returned for the correct one that we had ordered is a minor detail! At least we'll have some pretty cushions to perch on though!