Sunday, 12 July 2009

Anyone fancy some window shopping?....


As I descend the creaky old stairs every Sat/Sun morning in the cottage, I am greeted by 2 very excitable dogs doing the same old morning routine... frantically wagging their little tails, prancing around, whimpering with excitement and standing by the front door refusing to move. I suppose I should be grateful really, even if it is only the dogs that I have this effect on!

The reason, of course, is that they know that we'll be going for our morning constitutional. I must admit I too rather enjoy it, browsing in the shop windows before the crowds descend....down to the quay to watch the boats bobbing around......

..... and on a Sunday, finishing off with a wander around the car boot sale, offering not only vintage treasures but organic fruit & veg and homemade preserves....Mr SB thought he was safe letting me loose in the town before 9am!!

Fancy a little window shopping?.....................


Bibi, one of my favourite clothes shops, full of exquisite clothes, shoes and accessories.

Beautiful kitchenware, full of stylish bits and bobs all waiting to find themselves sitting in your kitchen.

Not forgetting the little shrimps, there's always this wonderful toy shop for them to spend their pocket money in!

The fishmongers waiting for the boats to bring in the morning catch of fresh fish.

Pure torture a chocolatier, so close to our home.

Fabulous interior design shops for me to whittle away the hours in..........

..
Gift shops that are begging for you to open your purse and spend........


This oar is now hanging in our kitchen and I've got my beady eye on the shelf on the left to hang in the garden............

Look at the beautiful old family run cinema. This, I'm sure will come in very handy on rainy days and winter afternoons..

Back up the hill, homeward bound. Now do you think my wonderful husband would notice me popping out a little later on for a few new purchases? That oar was a bugger to sneak in I must say.............................