Hope you've all enjoyed your weekend wherever you are and whatever you've been up to. Ours has been busy, in fact, the last few months have been busy, busy, busy. Starting to furnish a home from scratch takes me back a number of years to when I was 22 and bought my first home. I was so excited visiting shops and drooling over interior magazines. I gained such pleasure as each individual room began to come together as I saved my pennies each month.Saturday saw Mr SB, shall we say, cursing a great deal under his breath putting together the bunk beds the shrimps have wanted 'forever'. I assisted by sitting out in the sunshine on above mentioned patio set reading my book and popping in every now and again when daddy's little helpers shouted out that daddy needed mummy to help him hold a bit/lift a bit etc, etc.....It was all worth it however to see their room start to come together. Not many more purchases..a chest of drawers, some more baskets under their bed and we're all done. A little Greengate and some nautical stripes has given them a seaside room with a girlie twist............
The new Lexington cushions took pride of place in our 'simple' bedroom on top of my latest purchase from The White Company; beautiful pure white Egyptian Cotton bedlinen. I also ordered some lovely big square pillows, but these hadn't arrived in time to take down. To me the price of the bedlinen was worth every penny....the quality is superb and it felt divine......I'd love to say that I slept beautifully between my lovely new sheets but I spent the entire night awake coughing and spluttering like an old car on a frosty morning...a combination of asthma and the tail end of a nasty virus.
Last but not least came a new shower curtain rail in the bathroom, but that's v.boring to look at so I didn't bother to photograph it.....may also have something to do with blummin' horrible bathroom it's hanging in, which I couldn't possibly show you!....... new bathroom comes on the list of jobs to do in 2010. Did I mention how many lists we have in our household? I think I could give Nancy a run for her money! Obviously only in the 'list' department mind you, certainly not in the sewing/knitting/cooking/bike riding department............How you lovely blogging ladies can leave a woman feeling totally inadequate!!
Anyway, I shall leave you now to catch up on Celebrity Masterchef. More of the weekend in a few days.


