Friday, 28 August 2009

Dartmoor....

When we watched the weather forecast yesterday morning and saw that showers were forecast...AGAIN!....it meant that the beach was out of the question, so we decided on a visit to Dartmoor.
We were hoping for a little sunshine so that we could all play out on the moors, run around a little, sit outside little coffee shops (we had the dogs with us), and maybe a little paddle in a few streams. The weather had other ideas though, but we made the most of it playing; "Who can count the most ponies", roaming free on the moors.

We also managed a few stops along the way to take in the beautiful scenery and local landmarks such as Two Bridges.......

and.............

Badgers Holt........

We walked along the meandering streams and babbling brooks.


We even stopped off at the Battery Hen Welfare Trust, Mabel had great fun staring this chicken out!!........................The chicken won!!! She took to it so much it almost came home with us!

I'm starting to feel like I work for the South Hams Tourist Board but really you must stop off when you get the chance if you're in the area anytime, it really is spectacular and soooooooooo pretty.

I'm now counting down the days until we leave, not in the; "I can't wait to get home" way but the; "I never want to leave" way. Yes, there have been some difficult and lonely days when I've been here on my own with the girls during the summer, but they have been few and far between. Most days have been fantastic. I LOVE living here.....are you hearing me Mr Shrimp......I DON'T WANT US TO GO HOME...............OK, OK we have to I know and I also know that we're really lucky to have this little cottage here to enjoy all year round but that doesn't stop me not wanting to leave!!!