Tuesday, 25 August 2009

Totnes....

OH YES........................... An adult in the house and my lovely husband at that.....I was beginning to think I was stuck in the land of children's television. All small people talk and no intellectual conversation to be had for weeks on end. I've suddenly turned into an old person, talking to any adult that would pass the time of day with me, I'm sure I'm now known as that lady that talks to anyone and everyone. Don't get me wrong, I love my little girls but there's only so much I can take of colouring, painting, dressing-up, Cbeebies, singing, catching butterflies etc etc....
After a weekend of visitors we decided to take ourselves off to one of my favourite towns; Totnes.....want to come along?..........

This is my favourite little shop; Gazebo..Doesn't it look intriuging?? Want to take a peek inside ladies?

Doesn't it look glorious?

Look at these dressers full of beautiful china......

Bag anyone? Which of these lovely new Cath Kidston bags would you choose? Me, I have my eye on the new green Polka Dot one!

Polka Dots and Greengate.............Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...........How I resisted!

A rainbow of 'Rice' products...another favourite of mine.

More Cath Kidston to tempt me................

A little further along the lane is this marvellous shop, but boy was it full to bursting! I couldn't get any internal shots as all you'd see were people so I settled on a peep through the window.... The lady that runs this shop has started a blog, go have a look...


Across the road is this marvellous shop full of furniture and decorations made out of driftwood, it gave me lots of ideas.....

What a great idea to re-vamp an old set of drawers with a coastal feel.....


This shop was closed so I had to make do with a little snoop through the window, it was full of all things vintage.

Onto Dartington Trading Centre, somewhere we frequent a lot . A cluster of lots of individual units set in pretty buildings such as this



You would happily whittle away a few hours mooching around here believe me...I often leave my husband and the girls in one of the cafes whilst I scoot around child free with my purse burning a hole in my pocket!!

On my way back to the car park I walways pop into this little gardening shop...look how lovely it is inside......

Hope you enjoyed your 'virtual' visit to Totnes, please go if you get the chance, it's a wonderful little town which I'm sure you'd enjoy.