Sunday, 11 October 2009

This little Piggy......

................has been extremely busy since Wednesday night trying his absolute hardest along with myself and Daddy trying to give 'Big Shrimp' as much love and as many cuddles as we can to get her through the Swine Flu that she has somehow caught.

Swine Flu is something that we've all heard about and many of you have experienced and I must say that until I came into direct contact with it, I had no idea just how horrible it is. As a mother, there is nothing worse than seeing your child so ill. I'd do anything to be able to take her temperature of 40 degrees +, her shivers, her aches and pain away. I felt so completely inadequate as a mother when for the first 3/4 days she'd cry out in pain that her headache just wouldn't go away and she couldn't open her eyes or even listen to a little tv........

Then there's the 'Tamiflu'....Of course before giving your child a medicine that is still fairly new you want to make sure that you're doing the right thing. When she became violently sick when taking it (one of the side effects) I started to do some research...I was even more confused...was I making her better or worse by opening those capsules, mixing with Jam and telling her firmly that it would make her feel better soon?!

As I type, she's missing a birthday party that all her little school friends have gone to, a fancy dress party she was so looking forward to and had her costume all ready for and the present bought and wrapped. She's tried SO hard to get better in time, but it's just not happening!! Poor thing misses so many parties with us being away most weekends.

Talking of school, how terrible do I feel that as she was the first confirmed case of Swine Flu within her school. A letter has gone out to all the parents warning them to watch out for symptoms (A standard county council letter)! Blimey shrimp, you've only been there a month and you're causing trouble already! ;-)

So little lady, Mummy demands that you make a full recovery soon......Oh and don't pass it on to your sister.......I need to sleep!!