Monday, 26 October 2009

Ness...

"Beacon to Fashionistas"
"Edgy, sexy and now"
"Chic and ageless"
"Individual and fun"

Ladies, ladies, ladies, what more can I say?..... You'll find my new all time favourite store online at http://www.nessbypost.com/ or in Scotland at one of the four stand alone stores. You may also have seen Ness clothing and accessories in one of the 500 stockists across the rest of the UK and if you're one of the lucky few, you may have a store somewhere near you soon. I certainly am keeping my fingers crossed that they'll open a store in Bath.


Founders Adrienne and Gordon MacAuley started the business in 1996 in a bid to; "Steer tartan away from the highlands" and they sure as hell have managed to steer it into my wardrobe, although saying that it probably wouldn't be too difficult seeing as I love to shop!!

This weekend I was bitterly disappointed to have to take back my much coveted purple tartan wellingtons. I'd been eagerly awaiting the delivery of a brand spanking new pair of size 5's in a local shop in Devon. They'd sold out online within a very short space of time and in the style of; 'Rosie' the Cath Kidston sweater (which by the way has rarely left my back since its purchase), I just HAD to have them.

When I arrived at the cottage on Friday the fact that it was pouring with rain didn't deter me from hot footing it down the hill to see if they were in the shop window. I of course used the dogs as an excuse (dog walks are a great way of getting a little window shopping in), even if I did have to drag them kicking and whimpering down the road...Mabel, a little like myself, doesn't really 'do' rain and certainly doesn't appreciate the rain making her hair go frizzy...

Anyway, back to the Wellingtons......there they were in all their glory....a beautiful specimen of a wellington...oh and Purple.....my favourite colour of the moment..... How on earth was I going to manage to wait until Saturday morning to hand over my pennies and walk away with my purple tartan wellies?

I did...manage it I mean.....my shopping addiction hasn't quite reached the realms of; 'Smash and Grab' just yet! I was easily swayed with the promise of a glass of white wine and a take away. Such a cheap date, my husband thought when he met me.....obviously thinking that I'd also make a cheap wife (cheap in the sense; I won't spend money, may I add)...blimey was he wrong with a capitol 'W'........... Especially since I've discovered Ness!

Well, you know me, by 10am the next morning there they were on my feet strolling around the cottage.......until...........I can hardly bring myself to say it.......I realised they DIDN'T FIT....Obviously I had tried them on in the shop but short of admiring these stunners, I must confess to not really doing a great deal of walking in them, well you don't do you? Now my feet are tiny (size 4 in shoes, 5 in wellingtons), but one thing they certainly aren't is dainty! Years of dancing when younger has given me an instep not dissimilar to Mount Kilimanjaro and I think that living in flip flops and Ugg boots have splaying my feet for England, meaning that trying to squeeze my feet into anything restricting is nigh on impossible.

I'd love to show you the purple wellies but I forgot my camera this weekend so you'll have to make do with a website picture of them in black....Not my choice of colour but obvioulsy that of style queen in Ugly Betty; Ashley Jensen.

The pink Wellingtons are lovely as well, look how pretty they look with the matching bag;

I can't just leave it at that though, I really must share all the pretties, so I'll show you some of the website shots just to tempt you all a little on your way for a little virtual window shopping!
(http://www.nessbypost.com/)...

Isn't this a lovely coat? and can you spot the Cath Kidston style 'Stanley' dog in the window made out of my favourite wellingtons?

Now this lovely wallet is down on my Christmas list...with the matching bag of course in the style on the right in the above shop window.

Loving this jacket and hat together...I'll take it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A girl can never have enough fabric corsages to brighten up an outfit, especially at £4.95. Lovely little Christmas presents.

Bag anyone? There are so many styles to chose from, go take a peek........... Loving the skirt as well. Shame I haven't the legs to carry it off.

I shall finish tempting you all with this little fellow in my favourite purple tartan.....Isn't he cute? Of course I haven't shown him to give any of you 'crafty' bloggers any ideas ;-)

Happy Shopping....................................