Friday, 9 July 2010

That Friday Feeling.............

What a great day.......Kicked off with a little retail therapy in one of my local towns, Salcombe.....

Oh my goodness, 50% off at Joules, not good news!.....

All my favourite shops in one teeny tiny street...

I remember when Jack Wills first opened and was just the tiny shop on the left selling just a few things. It has now expanded into three shops and as I'm sure you're aware has some enormous stores nationwide styled to perfection.

Crew Clothing also originated here in Salcombe with the owners living locally at Thurlestone.

I'd love one of the coats made out of sails from here, but may have to save my pennies first with them costing £300!!

Little shrimp has decided her life won't be complete until she has a pair of these stunning childrens clogs on her feet. Luckily for the bank balance they didn't have her size!! Gorgeous though aren't they?

Maybe she'll be happy enough with a pink and white striped bag full of sweets from her favourite sweet shop.

A quick refreshment stop at my favourite Inn, an ice cold coke whilst watching the boats sail past.

Then time to head back home via the garden centre to purchase these lovely plants to create the perfect country cottage garden in our new home.


Then with the sun shining, the beach was calling for a little chick lit whilst relaxing at the waters edge...


.....before being joined for a lunch date by my gorgeous husband for some quality time without the children.......

........before I headed on to the school to meet my little girlies ready to start the weekend.

4 comments:

Mary Poppins said...

What a beautiful post, thank you so much for sharing. Those pretty shops would have kept me very busy I can tell you, what pretty feasts for the eyes, phew, bet you are glad they didnt have her size, or is that what you told her ;0)

Really pretty post, thank you :0)

Hugs

Mary x

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

You are so lucky living in that area. I have been to Salcombe several times, I love it!!! The shops, the atmosphere, the setting, everything about it works for me. How wonderful to have a luch date with your husband, you chose the perfect place for that.
Have a lovely weekend
Isabelle x

Clare said...

Sounds like you are settling in to your new life perfectly. Lupins and Delphiniums are my fav's - we bought some this year too! Enjoy the weekend and relish the fact that you don't have to pack up on Sunday evening :)
C
xx

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

Oh my goodness I'm such a bad Bloggy friend and have only just caught up on what has been going on with you !! Am soooooo happy for you :-D will email you when I get to laptop next xxx